Bluetooth switch

The other evening when I was just about to fall asleep I was so tired that I didn't want to get up and turn off the light in the living room. The next morning I decided to begin work on this project. It took me one weekend and I managed to assemble a device allowing to control the lights from my little Android via Bluetooth radio interface.

I had a few ATmega8A pieces bought at some auction for less than a dollar per piece. They were well suited for this project. I repaired and removed the impulse power supply from a kit that had been broken and unused in the wardrobe for years. The most expensive were the relays, because I wanted them to have enough power (230V~/16A). I can use them to control even an electric heater.



pictures
first idea is usually not very bad...

first idea is usually not very bad...

under construction...

under construction...

ATmega8A aquired for less than a dollar...

ATmega8A aquired for less than a dollar...

ready for testing

ready for testing

almost ready...

almost ready...

does not look great, but it works well !

does not look great, but it works well !

Hardware and software is self-made :)